Thursday, May 15, 2008

Straight from the Heart

"Jesse Billauer a lot of different things to different people. He represents strength to some and undying motivation to others. But personally, Jesse is inspiring to me because he used an otherwise devastating circumstance to his advantage. He saw opportunity where most others would see finality. Someone wise, somewhere once said that life is what you make of the hand you're dealt. I think it may have been Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings! Fuck it. That's a sweet movie. But no truer words were ever spoken. And no one that I have ever known has risen to that occasion more effortlessly than Jesse Billauer. Then there's the fact that he charges Pipeline. I still get irregular heartbeats when I think about doing that."

- Brandon Boyd, Lead Vocalist, Incubus

No comments: