Monday, April 21, 2008

Fishing in Hawaii



First of all I love fishing. So today my friend Brett, my caregiver Raul and I decided that we wanted to go bottom fishing in Hawaii. We were excited to get out on a boat and be in the ocean while enjoying the beautiful weather. So we made reservations on a boat called the Sashimi II. As we began our journey out of the harbor at about 5pm we were looking forward to a nice smooth ride. Well thats not what we got. As soon as we got out to the open ocean the wind started to pick up and the swells were making the boat sway back and forth. I had to hold on to the railing so I wouldn't f fall out of my chair. About an hour later we got to the spot that we were going to be fishing from. It was not a fun trip for Raul at all. As soon as the boat stopped he began throwing up, over and over again. Both Brett and I felt bad for him, but we baited our hooks and began fishing. About 20 min into it I caught my first and only fish of the trip. Brett caught one fish about 20 min after me. Then we here over the loud speaker, ''All right, its time to reel em up, its a long trip back, we are done fishing.'' Done Fishing? What? That was the longest journey for the shortest fishing trip.

The best part about the trip was on the way back to the harbor, the boat crew bbq the fish we caught and we got to eat our dinner on the open ocean. It was a cool experience but I know for sure that we wont be back on the Sashimi II anytime soon.

Overall, Brett and I caught one fish each and Raul got sick. A classic trip but worth all the memories for sure.









No comments: