Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bra Boys Premiere in Hollywood












Last night I attended the premiere of the documentary film ''Bra Boys'' at the DGA Screening Room in Hollywood. It is ''A film about the cultural evolution of the Sydney beach side suburb of Maroubra and the social struggle faced by it's youth - the notorious surf gang known as the Bra Boys.'' I am personal friends with the stars of the movie as well as the executive producers. This movie is heavy. I mean the Bra Boys are a tight group of friends that believe Blood is Thicker than Water. I had a really fun time at the premiere because I knew a lot of people there as well. I really enjoy watching documentary because they are ''Real'' heartfelt stories that you can appreciate and respect.

As I watched the movie I had some thoughts going through my head. I wished I wasn't paralyzed so that I could surf some of the amazing waves that were featured in the film. Specifically there was a wave called ''Ours,'' which was one of the heaviest waves in the world. I love challenges and trying new things but oh well, it might be a good thing that I will never get to surf this wave.

Check out the video of ''Ours'' right here.



''Bra Boys surf a crazy slab in Australia called Ours. Waves break over the rocky headland which results in some heavy tubes and even heavier wipeouts. Surfers get ragdolled into the rocks, watch till the end to see the consequences. Not nice.''


Bra Boys Trailer


Check out the Bra Boys website
www.braboysfilm.com

No comments: