Sunday, April 20, 2008

Music To My Ears





Music is one of the most inspiring things in my life. Music puts me in a beautiful state of mind that allows me to relax and think about life in so many ways. I was so lucky this weekend to be able to be at the Kokua Festival in Hawaii and see Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews perform. It was Dave Matthews first time performing in Hawaii, so I witnessed a little bit of music history as well. I was on stage for the show because I am friends with Jack Johnson so it made the concert experience that much sweeter. For the past 15 years I have always wanted to meet and talk to Dave Matthews because I have been a huge fan of his. Well I finally got the chance I have been waiting for, After Dave performed he came to the side of the stage to hangout with his family and to watch Jack perform. Since he was right next to me, I rolled over to him and just introduced myself. Not only is Dave an amazing musician but he was such a down to earth, genuine guy who looked me in the eyes the whole time we talked. Even though we only talked for about 5 to 10 minutes, I got to meet and talk to Dave Matthews. Wow. I had such a big smile on my face. His music to me is so amazing. He is so talented and his ability to sing is truly mind blowing. I can honestly say that meeting Dave Matthews was the highlight of my whole trip to Hawaii.












No comments: